This Committee coordinates the League’s efforts to assist missionaries, in Australia and overseas, in their work.
Over the years we have provided financial aid and material support to missions in the Kimberleys, Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste , Kiribati and other Pacific island nations, Kenya and Tanzania.
In addition to our support of missionaries, we also provide other financial aid and support to women and children in the community including:
- Educational scholarships
- School uniforms and books for disadvantaged children
- Clothes for premature babies
- Care packages for refugees in detention centres
- Moira Kelly's Children First Foundation
- The Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia
- 'Wrap with Love' blankets, and
- Knitted clothes for children in Africa with HIV/AIDS
We also participate in Traveller's Aid, providing a range of services and assistance for travellers, including those with special needs or in an emergency situation.